Did your run into situations where you wanted to insert records into your MS SQL Server via bulk copy (bcp) but did not have the SQL Server client installed on your machine? Well I Did. My server was in a different network machine and the machine I was working on locally did not have the SQL Server client installed.
So here is how I managed to download run the BCP utility without needing a SQL Server client installation.
Downloaded the following two files from microsoft’s Website.
- SQL Native Client: sqlncli.msi
- SQL Command Line Utilities: SqlCmdLnUtils.msi
Install these files and then you will be able to run the bcp. In my machine, the bcp command line utility was located at:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server100ToolsBinn
There is no specific license required for this. I believe, the command line utilities are provided by microsoft for free.[My Video Promotion]
More from: SQL Code
- How to setup and run the Microsoft’s Command Line BCP Utility Without Installing SQL Server Client?
- Utility Class For Getting SQL Connection and Closing It
- Dropping Stored Procedure and Granting Execute Permission
- Finding MAX length of the data in DB column
- SQL – How To Find The Physical Location Of MySQL Database (Data Location)
- Quick SQL Reference – Find Duplicate Data In A Table Using Having Clause
- 005: MySQL – Selecting a set of random rows from a table
- SQL – Finding Nth Highest Row In DB Table
- SQL – How To Retrieve Data With Maximum Length?