The following SQL select 5 random rows from database tables in MySQL.
SELECT myColumns FROM mytable ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 5
More from: SQL Code
- How to setup and run the Microsoft’s Command Line BCP Utility Without Installing SQL Server Client?
- Utility Class For Getting SQL Connection and Closing It
- Dropping Stored Procedure and Granting Execute Permission
- Finding MAX length of the data in DB column
- SQL – How To Find The Physical Location Of MySQL Database (Data Location)
- Quick SQL Reference – Find Duplicate Data In A Table Using Having Clause
- 005: MySQL – Selecting a set of random rows from a table
- SQL – Finding Nth Highest Row In DB Table
- SQL – How To Retrieve Data With Maximum Length?