Problem Statement: You have a table with duplicate data (say a name) in a column. Find how many times a name occurs in that column.
Simple SQL Solution:
SELECT OBJECT_NAME NAME, COUNT(OBJECT_NAME) MYCOUNT FROM GENERALDB.JAVAOBJECTS GROUP BY OBJECT_NAME HAVING COUNT(OBJECT_NAME)>0
In above SQL
Table Name = javaobjects
Database Name = generaldb
More from: SQL Code
- Java Object Serialization and Deserialization In MySQL Database
- How To Set Conditional Debug Breakpoints in Eclipse or IBM RAD?
- Rotating An Image In Java Graphics 2D By Specified Degree
- How to setup and run the Microsoft’s Command Line BCP Utility Without Installing SQL Server Client?
- Utility Class For Getting SQL Connection and Closing It
- Dropping Stored Procedure and Granting Execute Permission
- Finding MAX length of the data in DB column
- SQL – How To Find The Physical Location Of MySQL Database (Data Location)
- Java – How To Overlay One Image Over Another Using Graphics2D [Tutorial]
- Quick SQL Reference – Find Duplicate Data In A Table Using Having Clause
- Splitting PDF File Using Java iText API Into Multiple PDFs
- Object Serialization And De-Serialization In Java To Filesystem
- Finding Java Image Pixels Information – ARGB (Alpha, Red, Green Blue)
- Creating A 3D Pie Chart In Java Using JFreeChart [Example Source Code]
- Java Tutorial – Swing Text Drag And Drop – Sample Example
- 005: MySQL – Selecting a set of random rows from a table
- Serialzing A Java Object Into XML and De-Serialzing using XMLEncoder And XMLDecoder
- SQL – Finding Nth Highest Row In DB Table
- Six Stages Of Debugging in Software Engineering
- Java 2D Graphics Example Tutorial On Paint, Gradient and Stroke
- Complete Tutorial On Using SOAP-UI to Mock Web Service Request / Response
- Listing The Content Of Zip File With Zip Information In Java
- Joke – Why do Java Programmers wear glasses?
- How to receive files via bluetooth in your MacBook Pro
- SQL – How To Retrieve Data With Maximum Length?
- Calculating Folder Size Graphically and Generating Directory Size Chart In Java