I had an opportunity to take a look at this book in a different way – I was a Java and Drools developer for years already and wanted to see what I was missing. When I found this book, like all other books, I just turned over the pages quickly to find out what was in it or is it even worth spending your time in. I was surprised to see the amount of real world coding examples this book contained – something most developers would be happy to just copy and run as a part of their quick learning. It had a nicely structured chapters, clean format, explanations as needed, charts and diagrams to make your learning easy.As I started cruising through the chapters, I saw many alternate styles that I could have used while writing the rules.
I must tell you The content in this book is huge – it has over 300 pages – but the reading flows very well. You could be reading 3,4,5 chapters in one seating and feel that pride of having learnt something. Apparently the author has done a great job in presenting the book in a style that would definitely lower the learning curve. I bet the new developers or the developers who have had used this Drools with JBoss in the past would equally find this book worth looking at.
There are 12 chapters in this book. Most developers would be able to learn in a short amount of time what Drools is, how to write the basic rules, how business rules are validated, ho you can do a transformation of complex data using Drools. There is even a chapter that focuses on making the rules Human Readable. I was surprised with this chapter, because most of the coding book don’t normally talk about coding in a way business people can understand if they had opportunity to look at.
Definitely a thumbs up from me ![My Video Promotion]
More from: Java General
- All About Java Garbage Collection : Types, Algorithms, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Java Static Import Explained With Easy Example With Source Code
- SQL Example To Create Table On MySql DB
- Book Review – Drools JBoss Rules 5.X Developer’s Guide by Micahal Bali (Packt Publishing)
- List of valid @suppresswarning annotation parameters in Java for Eclipse and IBM RAD IDE
- Finding Java System Properties
- List of Major Java 7 Features – How java programming language has changed in JDK 7
- Date From Timestamp in Long format
- How to resolve – java.lang.VerifyError java.lang.SecurityException: Signers of org.junit.runner.Runner do not match signers of other classes in package
- Complete List Of Java Keywords
- List of 25 Plus Devices That Run On Java
- What is the difference between java and javaw?
- These 100 plus programming languages run on Java Virtual machine (List)
- Read XML File In JAVA using DOM – A Simple Tutorial