Sometimes you might be behind the firewall and you might not be able to install the plugins from the Hudson’s (or Jenkin’s) plugin management screen. An alternate way is to manually install the plugin. You can follow the following steps to successfully install your plugins.
- Download the plugin from Hudson website or any other websites. Hudson plugins are normally .hpi files.
- Save the downloaded *.hpi file into the $HUDSON_HOME/plugins directory.
- You will then need to restart Hudson (many containers let you do this without restarting the container.)
On a typical windows installation, the $HUDSON_HOME will be C:/.hudson that means the plugins to be installed should be dropped into C:/.hudson/plugins folder.[My Video Promotion]
More from: Continuous Integration
- How to build a specific SVN (Subversion) revision in Hudson and Jenkins
- N-Things You Can Do With Continuous Integration Tools Hudson and Jenkins
- Configuring Hudson Java Memory Settings When Running It As A Service
- How to manually install Hudson or Jenkins Plugin?
- 15 plus best practices for continuous integration of your software