I switched from Windows and Linux platform to Apple’s Mac in 2012. I am maintaining this shortcut list as I discover them for myself – which are a bit different from the other platforms I used in the past. I hope I will get used to all these commands someday and will no longer have to refer to this page. But hopefully by maintaining this list here, I might help a couple of wandering souls.
- Command+Shift+3 –> Take Screenshot of Entire Desktop, Picture saved to Desktop
- Command+Control+Shift+3 –> Take Screenshot of Entire Desktop, Picture Copied To Clipboard
- Command+Shift+4 –> Take screenshot of portion of your desktop, picture saved to desktop
- Command+Shift+4, Spacebar –> Take Screenshot of selected application, picture saved to desktop
- ‘Applications > Utilities > Grab’ tool
- Command+Control+Shift+4 –> Take screenshot of portion of your desktop, picture copied to clipboard
- Command+Control+Shift+4, Spacebar –> Take screenshot of selected Application, picture copied to clipboard
- Fn + F11 –> Minimize All The Windows In Mac
- Command + Option + V –> Move The Copied Items (Paste as move)
- dscacheutil –flushcache – Flush DNS
- unzip filename.zip –> Unzips files in the current folder
Installing GVM – Groovy Environment Managemnet.
Note: You need to restart terminal after doing this.
curl -s get.gvmtool.net | bash
Installing Grails using GVM:
gvm install grails gvm install grails 2.3.6 gvm use grails 2.3.7 gvm default grails 1.3.9
Installing Groovy using GVM:
gvm install groovy //latest version gvm install groovy 2.2.2 //specific version gvm use groovy 2.2.1 //use specific version[My Video Promotion]
More from: Out Of Box
- 4 Dog Defense
- How to shutdown windows computer from the DOS Prompt – what command to use
- How big can a computer memory be? Here is a list of memory units from Bit to Coperbyte.
- Free Subversion Hosting For Your Projects
- How to easily open two excel spreadsheets in two different monitors
- Some Keyboard Shortcuts For Macbook Pro With Retina Display
- Java Cross Platform Benefit: Write Once , Run Anywhere