- Log into the administrative console.
- Expand Security and click SSL certificate and key management. Under Configuration settings, click Manage endpoint security configurations.
- Select the appropriate outbound configuration to get to the (cell):MyComputerNameNode07Cell:(node):MyComputerNameNode07 management scope. (The nodes above are samples only, and are different for different machines)
- Under Related Items, click Key stores and certificates and click the NodeDefaultTrustStore key store.
- Under Additional Properties, click Signer certificates and Retrieve From Port.
- Enter hostname in the host field (e.g. www.icodejava.com), enter 443 in the Port field, and hostname_cert (e.g. www.icodejava.com_cert) in the Alias field. You can of course use your own alias name. Remember the hostname is the host from which you are importing the certificate.
- Click Retrieve Signer Information.
- Verify that the certificate information is for a certificate that you can trust.
- Click Apply and Save.
Congratulations, you have successfully import SSL Certificate from a host to IBM Websphere Server through the admin console in an easy set of steps.